First Friday: Dog Days of Summer Whites
Another Wine Blog is celebrating First Friday Wine Tasting with Dog Days of Summer Whites. The first friday of every month, we select a theme and invite guests to taste along with us. Last month we tasted Expressions of Italian Grapes, including wines from Seghesio, Castello D’Albola, Feudo Principe di Butera and Masseria Altemura, DaVinci and Santi to name a view. We have also celebrated Bordeaux, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir and Wines of the Pacific Northwest.
For August First Friday we’re cooling down the heat with some crisp white wines. Here are just a few samples of what we will be tasting:
– Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand, South Africa, Sonoma and Napa)
– Gewürztraminer (Anderson Valley)
– Viognier (North Carolina and Calaveras County, CA)
– Chardonnay (Napa, Sonoma, France, Columbia Valley, Mendoza, Argentina and South Africa)
– Riesling (Alsace, Mosel, Rheinhessen and South Eastern Australia)
– Grüner Veltliner
– Pinot Blanc
– Vinho Verde, as well as a number of white blends.
Join us, virtually, tonight starting at 7:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time as we taste and pair white wines from all over the world with Houston area wine lovers, winemakers and sommeliers. If you’re following along on twitter, just look for @WineWonkette @AnotherWineBlog @HoustonWino and be sure to use a hashtag #FirstFriday or #AWB1stFriday.
Wineries are Invited to Participate
If you represent a winery that would like to be considered for Another Wine Blog’s First Friday wine tastings, email me at Winewonkette and I will give you a shipping address for samples. We have wifi and a large screen so if you have related videos about your wines we would love to share it with our guests as well.