Amy is an attorney, wine lover, and self-proclaimed political junkie. And she loves food! Lucky for her she is married to an awesome cook, who knows how to prepare incredible meals to complement any wine. She and Joe currently live on the Texas Gulf Coast, just south of Houston, but both dream of the day they can move to another Bay Area, to be closer to all those fabulous vineyards and wineries. They hope the kid’s college tuition is more like a lottery ticket so retirement is earlier rather than later.
Raised by a couple of of tee-totaling, God-fearing educators in West Virginia, Amy’s knowledge of wine didn’t really take off until law school. (It’s known to drive one to drink) After a career in marketing and public relations, with a little systems consulting in between, she left the warm weather of Houston, Texas, and headed north to Ohio. Making sure she had her priorities straight, Amy chose a law school with an awesome football program, led by a fine coach who promptly left for a bigger school in December of her first year.
Damn you Thanks Gary Pinkel!
In addition to her duties at Another Wine Blog, Amy is a Contributing Editor at Palate Press: The online wine magazine, as well as one of the authors featured in Palate Press’s first book, Best of the Press Volume I. Amy and Joe also regularly serve on the tasting panel for TasteLive: The Premier Website for Wine and Beer Tastings
Other fun facts about Amy:
- Loves learning new things: which would explain the B.A. in Journalism, M.B.A. in International Relations, Graduate Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Certificate in Wine Fundamentals I and II through the International Sommellier Guild, in addition to the J.D.
- Once got on the wrong train during Study Abroad in Japan, and ended up at Tokyo Disneyland
- Probably knows more about Deepwater Drilling than your mom or dad!
- Has been known to clog and play “the spoons” at raucous Bluegrass gatherings
- Loves music of all kinds and has been spotted at concerts featuring Lyle Lovette, Dropkick Murphys, My Life with the Thrill Kill Cult, Henry Rollins, P-Funk, Joan Jett, Bruce Springsteen, Jane’s Addiction, The Black Keys and Nine Inch Nails (not at the same time)
- Tolerates Joe’s love of all things bowling and Lucinda Williams
- Co-wrote and shot photos for a College Football and Basketball Sports Blog called “Toledo Rocket Fans” with Joe during her days in law school
- Prefers and promotes Android over iPhone, proudly proclaiming: You’re Not the Boss of Me, Steve!
- Reads all PR & media releases and requests for Wine Reviews sent to Another Wine Blog; even those addressed “Dear Steve”
- Her post, Wine Intelligence admits Bias, Ulterior Motives in “Wine Blogger Distrust” Release, won Second Runner-Up Best Editorial Wine Writing in the 2012 Born Digital Wine Awards.